Author Topic: Movie 🍿 Night Selection  (Read 154 times)

Mrs. Rubini

Movie 🍿 Night Selection
« on: March 23, 2022, 03:44:17 PM »
Watching Mr. Church tonight.
Feel good movie looks good. Grab the popcorn.

Mrs. Rubini

Re: Movie 🍿 Night Selection
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 02:30:48 AM »
Deeply touching movie.

I give it 🍿🍿🍿 🍿  out of 5.
Can’t go wrong with Jazz and home fried grits in the morning. No spoilers if you haven’t watched it yet. Warning ⛔️  Do not watch while hungry.

Eddie Murphy did a great job playing Henry Joseph Church, a chef played with a dignified aire about him. Hired to take care of a mother and her daughter played by Natasha McElhone & Britt Robertson. The kitchen scenes had me hooked with the gentle jazz tones playing as he’s cooking up the most delicious meals for this small family. Plus there are literature references and piano scenes. Happy scenes with a sense of sadness woven within preparing you for life’s changes.

You might remember the stunning beauty Natasha McElhone from The Truman Show. She delivers a beautiful performance with a perfect American accent. Britt Robertson is a very smart actress who delivered a powerful performance throughout the movie showing strength and independence for an orphaned young lady.

With similar story line from”Beaches” and “Terms of Endearment”, be prepared to have your emotions yanked. I would have liked to see more character development for the main character, Church, as he remains a mystery through the end. Similar to real life though, it is true that there will always be things you never knew about a beloved family member until someone else reveals an aspect of their life you never knew existed.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 02:37:39 AM by Mrs. Rubini »

RubiniGab - rubinichan

Re: Movie 🍿 Night Selection
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 02:30:48 AM »

TinyPortal 2.0.1 © 2005-2020